Monday, December 29, 2008

True Friends????


True friends???
Really... these days, the 'true friend' spicies is going extinct.
we should have them conserved.
I have so many acquaintances but few friends and very few true freinds.
I have friends who are worth everything to me. They are with me when I am not the very best of myself. They never forget to wish me on my birthday. They always put up with my temper tantrums. If we have a disagreement, they always call 'truce' first. They understand my needs, but never claim their right. These freinds are hard to find. And I will trade the world for friends like them.
I think the song by Hannah Montana 'True Freind' is sung for friends like Sarada (India), Mumtaz (GA), Prashanti (Bombay), Archana (Atlanta). Guys, you are my true friends.

On second thought....
Many claim to be true to you. But their true nature comes out either in a troubled time or prosperous time. I have so many who left my side when I was going through a tough time. And there are those who ignored me when they were in a high position.
Frankly speaking, I just pity them. I have a favorite song for them too.
I am not ready to make nice - Dixie Chicks

People.... don't you know that you are so transparent and we don't care for the likes of you???
I, the way I am, always want to do good to others and go out of my way to help everyone in whatever way I can. Even if I meet someone for the first time, I feel like I have been friends with them forever and if this 'new friend' has a need... I immediatly jump to resue them.
I know... its very immature of me. But, I am growing and learning everyday.
And now I have learnt a new lesson, that I should not go out of my way for everyone... hahaha it might sound rude on my part and sounds as if I am very angry with someone.
NO honey, NO.
I am very calm and composed right now. People like this used to frustrate me at one time, but not any more. Becuase, its guys like them that make someone like me mature, enlightened and successful. They are my stepping stones to a better person.
I might be sounding like a spiritual class. But if Amitabh Bachan can sound like this, then who am I not to.
Just stop for a min and think... we face different kind of personalities everyday and if the world is just filled with true friends, loving and faithful people, optimists... then it is a perfect world. And dear me!! a perfect world will be sooo dull. The more pessimist, hypocrites, chauvinists, nitpickers are around us the more we appreciate the value of true friends and reality show entertainment.
So, dear acquaintance/friend, what role are you playing in my life this coming year 09???
It will be interesting to label those roles.
But, I am still searching for that one 'true friend' in chattanooga. Hope I will find that person this 09.
Chao for now


0 comments:

La Lenigma © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!