Sunday, November 23, 2008

Indian moms in US

Well, every mom is different. But, I also realized that Indian moms are different from other ethncity moms. I realized this yesterday, at the Diwali party. After observing many Indian moms at the event... I realized one thing - that Indian moms are very pushy and competitive. Pushing their kids to be the best. To achieve more than their friend's kid. I do not understand the point ( pushing their kids to the limit ) as yet. I say as 'yet' becuase I have a two year old and I am not sure if I will also turn into a pushy mom or not.....
well, this made me think. why are indian moms this way. and i realized that it is because of the social situation. even if you are a rich or middle class or poor kid, becuase of the large population in India, Darwins theory is fully at work. 'The survival of the fittest.' and so indian mom even in US do the same. and I wonder if they are the same way in all situations..... what I mean is, these moms are so competitive around indians... so are they the same way around americans.
But I also wonder who will I be in five years???

0 comments:

La Lenigma © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!