Thursday, November 13, 2008

Flash back....

Today, I spent the entire day googling about India.

I am compiling some videos and photos for Indian association' Diwali event. Looking at the photos and videos reminded me of my childhood. India, Hyderabad - my home country. where you see a familiar face every few minutes. where colors are bright and the language is sweet. you can see the extremes of anything and everything. A country full of culture and traditions. my country.

I can still remember the sweet scent of jasmine in our front yard. every morning the rikshaw vala comes in the morning to pick us and take us to the school. The streets that we walked to school everyday. The park where we played every evening. The roads where all our neighbouring kids gathered to play kabaddi, I-spy, cricket....

sigh.....!!

I never dreamt of leaving my country and settling in US. I always was independent. And so I always thought that I will after my graduation start my own business and get married later and have a fun filled life surrounded by family and friends.

uhm...

I fell in love got married and came to US.
But, India - did not stop. The globalization that started in 1991 took India to an entirely different level. A level where people are debating about its future as next super power.

Well, I do not know what the future holds for India and me. but right now my two-year-old is calling for my attention. so will keep my thinking cap aside and attend to my motherly duties.

Thats it for now
Chao

0 comments:

La Lenigma © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!