Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Passionate!!! WHAT??



What am I passionate about??

I am a student ambassador and a student leader at Gwinnett Technical College. I love being an ambassador. As an ambassador, I was able to participate in many cultural events and host some. I got the oppurtunity to hone my skills and put most to use. Made many new friends, learnt a lot about other cultures and lifestyles.
So, where am going with all this??? Read on dear...
I recently got a complement from a co-ambassador, that I am very PASSIONATE.
WHAT??
Passionate?? about what?? I was not able to ask her... but started my own 'inner' research to get the answer.
So after lot of thinking and browsing on all my interest topics, I came up with my own - 'passion list'.
Before I can write about the list I should first write how I came up with it.
Webster = Passion - Etymology : Latin - passion, passio = suffering....
Meaning : intense, driving, overmastering emotion compelling action.

First, I questioned myself: why I am on this earth?
Is it to be born, learn to walk, talk, get educated, party, complete education, party, get a job, fall in love, get married, volunteer, have kids, party, be popular, volunteer, higher education, earn money, church activities.... NOW WHAT??? ahhh!!!
Surely, there is more to life...
Then, I asked myself... how am I different from others? Do I want to follow the crowd or walk 'the road not taken'.
Since childhood, I was always ..... umm ... different, and I loved it.
So... the answer to my question is... I am on this earth to make a difference. WOW!!!
Therefore, how do I make a difference?? I donno yet... but I know what I am passionate about and where I wanna make a difference.
What is passion?
Here goes my list :
Life:
1. Christ - Spirutuality
2. Global Issues - People
3. Business
4. Art
5. Science
6. Entertainment
7. Technology
Emotions :
1. Ingenius
2. Inspiring
3. Couragious
4. Fascinating
5. Funny
6. Innovative
7. Compassion
Issues:
1. Children - welfare, defence, rights
2. Women's rights
3. Human trafficing
4. Africa genocide
5. Farmers - India
Now that I made this list, I have to pray that I will be able to make a difference in few hundred, nope... few thousand lives ( never keep a low standard ).
Passion has its own energy, that is obsverable and transferable.




0 comments:

La Lenigma © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!